teen asia - Beautiful Girl

teen asia






Looi, who hails from a dressmaking family, first caught the public's eye with her prize-winning graduation collection in 1995. The award-winning designer spoke to Reuters on the sidelines of the Malaysian International Fashion Week:

Q. Do you think Islamic fashion is catching on?

A. My designs are not very Islamic. I'm slowly making Islamic clothing, because I think the Islamic fashion events are really getting big, so I'm slowly involving myself in all that, since I live in a Muslim country, and there is a huge market for it.

A lot of people like the Europeans really love wearing the abaya dress, it's a huge market, so we are slowly doing that. In our collection every season in our ready-to-wear we try to put in some kind of design that is inspired by the Muslim culture.

No comments: